Friday, August 5, 2011

Random rantings and thoughts

So a few people have mentioned that I should get into blogging. Namely, Dr. Lansing. I was never into keeping journals and hated doing them in Ms. Cinberg's class at Benedict's. But, here goes nothing.
I have officially moved to Baltimore, MD. I have been working here for three weeks now and am starting to get used to the fact that I am on my own now. It is a weird concept, since I've never lived more than 15 minutes from home. My refrigerator is stocked with what I put into it, which right now is practically nothing. Unfortunately it is not stocked with what mom has. I'm slowly learning the simple pleasures of life that come with having your own place. I am also getting used to the pains of living on your own. Some days are a little lonely, but there is are so many ways to keep busy in Baltimore that one can't help but feel at home. The people are friendly, the history is great. Edgar Allen Poe is buried here (totally thought of you Jackie), the Cathedral Basilica is America's first Cathedral, it hosted the largest council since the Council of Trent in the 1500's (the outcome of which brought about the Baltimore Catechism), and Inner Harbor is one of America's oldest harbors. I need only walk two or three blocks to gaze upon the original Washington monument. This one actually predates the more famous monument in D.C. by about 50 years.
All in all, I miss home, but I have taken a liking to the Charm City. I am going home to NJ today so that will be fun. Going to spend some time with my folks and the crew. Please pray for me, my family, this parish, and my family and friends. That I may help to bring the youth closer to Christ and to bring Christ closer to His people. That this parish may continue to grow closer to the One who is Love. Finally, for my family and friends. That they may all receive the Word of Christ and the power of His grace in any and every way they need it. Pope John Paul the Great had the motto Totus Tuus. This is a difficult teaching because the saying "All for you Lord" has such an infinite tone to it.
Thank you for reading and check back for some more posts. May this dumping of thoughts bring me to a closer contemplation of my actions and may it lead you closer to Christ.

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment